Saturday, August 19, 2017

Limiting God

I used to believe that God only really worked a certain way. That God didn't speak through prophetic word, heal through people or raise people from the dead. I believed that God is an unchanging God. That He worked one way in the past, and now only works in one way.

Then God whispered.
He stirred.
He brought books and people into my life to challenge that thought.

*Books like, "The Heavenly Man"- the story of Brother Yun.
*Friends who train underground pastors in China who say over a cup of coffee "Shauna, you know God still raises people from the dead, right?"
*Friends who while praying for others have visions or pictures when praying over someone.

So slowly, in the course of a few years, God has stirred and moved and showed Himself to me [and of course others] in a way I never thought possible.

And one of those moments was recently.

-------------------------------------------------------------

When I sensed God stirring and moving me to Atlanta, He reminded me often in those days (and to quote Matt Chandler), "God gives His command, you obey in faith, and then God will show Himself."

So I did.

I knew I was to tell my roommate God was moving me to Atlanta. Now, I was terrified.... I had never been the roommate who moved first, and I have a strong dislike of disappointing people when I can do the opposite. But I couldn't not tell her: I knew with every fiber of my being I would be disobeying God if I didn't tell her.

So I did.
(It went amazingly, by the way.)

Then I went back into my bedroom, picked up my coffee and continued watching the movie I was watching... when my phone went off. A text from my friend Christy Lee that I hadn't talked with in a few months. "Hey lady... had a vision of you living in Atlanta... Can't wait to hear that testimony!"

She had no idea that God was stirring a move,  never mind my having taken my first step of obedience in this journey.

And then I heard His whisper again... "Well done, Beloved. Here's a gift for your step of obedience."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Today I want to challenge you and encourage you: Are you limiting God in how He works, not just in the world, but in your life? Can you name a time or situation in the last year that in a moment, you saw God in that situation? If not, you may be limiting how He's working in and around you.

Steps of faith and obedience are scary, and not for the faint of heart. But God is GOOD, and He is GRACIOUS and He is FOR you.

My coach told me one night a life-breathing truth: "God never prepares His people by instilling fear. He gives courage."

Repent of your unbelief, ask God for courage and the eyes to see Him.

That is a prayer He will not ignore.

Try Him.

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment