Wednesday, January 23, 2019

It's More than Abortion.

It's more than abortion that I'm concerned about.

It's souls.
The souls of the unborn.
The souls of the doctors.
The souls of the mothers.
The souls of the fathers.
The souls of the politicians.
The souls of "believers".
The souls of those who don't believe.

See, our first and foremost call in life, dear believer, is to love God.
Then to love our neighbor.

I'm a defender and fighter-for-others by nature. Particularly those who can't and/or won't fight for themselves. And that goes for the unborn.

But as I watched social media B L O W    U P over the New York state decision to legalize abortion and I began to see more and more harsh words thrown around by Christians, it got me thinking.

It got me thinking about how what we stand for is more than politics and paper.
It got me thinking about how nowhere in Scripture do we find the world is going to get better and better until Jesus comes.
It got me thinking that America's promised nothing in Scripture.
It got me thinking about how many women must be terrified when they enter a hospital or clinic.
It got me thinking about the dads who don't know- or the dads, well, the dads.
It got me thinking about my college paper I did on abortion, and the statistics of the emotional effects from abortions even 20+ years later.
It got me thinking those who perform the abortions or talk with the women.
It got me thinking about the politicians.
It got me thinking about Christians slandering "pro-choicers" for their thoughts.

Dear reader, I believe abortion is wrong. I believe it is murder. And I will chat with you about that and not even bring up Scripture.

Jesus never slandered anyone. Well, maybe: He talked pretty sternly and not nicely to the ones who thought that they were righteous.

But the sinners? Gosh. Didn't He love them. Didn't He hang out with those who sold their bodies. He hugged them. He let them wash His feet with her tears. He changed His travel schedule to meet with a woman who had more infidelities than we know.

HIS HEART BROKE FOR THE MAN WHO WOULD BETRAY HIM.

Jesus was never surprised when someone sinned.

Jesus never looked to the government to save Him.

Don't misunderstand me. I believe as Americans, because we have the privilege, that we truly do need to stand up and fight for the unborn. But using social media and the internet and name calling will never, ever ever bring about TRUE CHANGE.

HEARTS AND SOULS.

How often do we pray over the doctors and nurses at the clinics/hospitals near us? How often do we pray over those women and men who will enter them that day?

And finally, let's remember that so many around us have had abortions. I have several friends that have... and by God's grace: They know that they are forgiven and daily forgive themselves. But I can 100% guarantee you: Calling them a murderer or a psychopath would've only heaped shame on them and made the decision and recovery even harder.

Jesus, on the other hand: I think He would've wept, hugged them and told them how much He loved them, and their child... but especially them.

No comments:

Post a Comment