Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Christians are Wussies. (A post from 2008.)

You shouldn't be surprised by this statement.

Too often we let (or make) God fight our battles for us. We let Him do all the fighting for us. We don't take up our own cross and fight the crowd ourselves. We always read "stand firm! stand fast!" "resist the devil & he'll flee!"--and we forget we're told (in Eph. 6), "...and after you have done EVERYTHING, to stand". Our sword is double-edged. So we don't just stand: we defend. It means we attack. We pierce. We push through. We fight.

So you are probably asking, "Where in the world is this coming from Shauna?"  Well: last night I was under a spiritual attack. And somehow, I realized that He was purifying me. And somehow out of this attack came this new way to "see" through a different sort of lens.

I don't fight. I don't fight for God. I sit back and say, "oh, well, it happened so God must've wanted it to happen..." This could be very well true: but not necessarily. I know that I have to the gifts of discernment & intercession: but how often do I use those gifts so that I can fight for Him? So that I can fight for His glory? So I can fight for others hearts, minds & souls? Sadly, I don't fight enough.

So this is my challenge: that we rise up and we fight. We fight the pain. Look like fools for Christ & for His glory and we live our lives as defenders of the God of whom we are NOT ashamed (or supposed to not be ashamed of...).

"Whatever happens... conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then... I will know that you stand firm in ONE spirit, CONTENDING as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved--and that by God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for Him..." -- the Apostle Paul, Phil 1: 27-29

Ps..... if you don't think our Lord is a Lord of War.... read the Old Testament....

No comments:

Post a Comment