Thursday, October 4, 2012

Glimpses.


You know it's funny.

One moment we can be mad at the world & all of humanity and in a split second, a friend makes you laugh and life is suddently beautiful.

Or, how about those moments that you lay in bed wide awake... dreaming of.... I don't know: what should be? What life could be? And you long for a place where you feel you've been... yet you've never really been there. Or you see yourself how you wish you could be: braver, stronger, beautiful, fearless.... and then you fall asleep: dream of being that warrior or princess and then wake up to your raging alarm clock and realize what was just so vivid and tangible no longer exists. In fact, it isn't real.

I know what you all are thinking, "Shauna: come on... a bit 'Eldridge-esque', don't you think? In fact: I would completely agree with you. However, every fiber of my being screams out: "We weren't created for this world!"

And today: Today I caught a glimpse of what we were created for. Intimacy. Love. Freedom. Worship.

It's funny how I walked through the first few hours at church with my emotions of "Crap! I hate being single today!" "Crap! I have to go to work today!" Yet at the same time knowing... mmm, no, aware? mmm... nope: sensing that Jesus was there. So was His Father. And so was the Spirit. Something was going to happen. The feeling of inadaquacy can be a beautiful freedom when you know that the Three Most Beautiful Persons in all (and out) of, well, existence is there watching you. More than that in fact: They are longing for you to just...just be.

It's alarming and frightening and relaxing and beautiful, all at the same time.

As I look back on this morning, I remembered that the Scripture that was read aloud wasn't Scripture about us humans--but HIM. I guess I've just begun to realize so often that we put ourselves in Scripture. "He loves you" (yes! He loves mmeee!) "He died for you" (yes! He died for meeee!). Do not misunderstand me: He did (and does) each of those actions. But what about remembering that, well, it's all about Him? He is the one (that loves us)... He is the one (that died...) He is the one who is literally holding our bodies together at this precise moment as we read this note... He is the one spoke creation out of N-O-T-H-I-N-G. He is the One whom we will cast down our crowns at His feet..

So as you walk through today and find yourself longing for what (or who) you do not have: just remember: You truly were made for Someone and for a place you have yet to call "Home".

"Even so, Come..."

No comments:

Post a Comment